Updated: Jan 9
What is a Gila monster?
They are a type of venomous lizard, that live in Nevada, Mexico, Utah, and California. Gila monsters are usually black with yellow or orange stripes. Its bite can be brutal at times - just a couple of the symptoms that you will get when a Gila monster bites you is intense burning pain and vomiting.
Are Gila Monsters endangered?
Gila monsters are near threatened- meaning that they are very close to being an endangered species. There are only 450- 800 Gila monsters left in the world. You might be wondering what’s making them endangered? Well, it’s us humans. Again. They are becoming endangered due to human encroachment.
Kids can learn more fun animal and Earth facts with our products!
100% of our annual net profits go to schools and wildlife organizations.
You can also donate any amount by clicking on the green Donate button!
Top facts about the Gila Monster
1. Gila monsters are one out of just two venomous lizards on Earth!
2. Gila monsters got their name from the place where they were first found in Arizona’s Gila river basin.
3. Gila monsters are the largest lizards original to the United States!
4. Gila monsters can only run 1 mile per hour! Pretty slow compared to a car!
5. Even though Gila monster venom can be terrible for your body, it can also be good too! Gila monster venom cures a lot of people who have type 2 diabetes!
Thank you for the information from your websites! I will list them here: